Sunday, May 31, 2015

Rolling Right Along

I kicked off the first Saturday in May as part of the Gameface Media photography team, which covered the Rugged Maniac event in Petersburg, VA.

On Sunday I photographed a Civil War reenactment at Endview Plantation in Newport News, VA. I was told it was a much smaller group of folks participating than the Saturday battle but I always have a blast shooting these events.


That evening I had an engagement session in Williamsburg, VA with Rachel and Jeff. I had a number of engagement sessions and weddings this month and each couple was easy going and fun to work with!


The following Saturday I had two engagement sessions. The first was with Ashley and Brian. It turned out to be a beautiful morning in Norfolk, VA.


Later that evening I had a session with Kristin and Cody in Newport News, VA.




 The next day I photographed Emily and Boris' wedding in Virginia Beach, VA. They had a small, intimate wedding at the Bayside Bar and Grill. It was a gorgeous evening!




A few days later I shot a baseball game. I just love the variety of work I get to do!


That weekend I photographed Meridith and Nathan's wedding in Ocean View. We ended up catching the last colors of the evening.



Over the next week and a half I was editing all of these shoots and getting them out to everyone. One of those days I was listening to Creative Live, an online series of workshops, and the legendary nature photographer Tom Mangelsen was doing a wildlife photography workshop. I was inspired and decided to take an afternoon and track down some critters. Mission accomplished...



After a long winter, the ocean finally warmed up and it was time to sneak in some surf between editing sessions.



Two days later is was time for Brittney and Andrew's wedding in Suffolk, VA. It was hot but they were such troopers for working through it. Everyone was so fun to work with! The girls wanted to do something different and it isn't everyday you have a bulldozer on hand, so we went with it...




The very next day, May 31st, I had an engagement session in Yorktown, VA with Athita and Darrell. What can I say, I had yet another fantastic couple to work with!



May was great! See you next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment