Thursday, March 31, 2011

March: In like a Lion and out like a Lion


March was more of an administrative month than one for shooting. There was a lot of email correspondence, scheduling, and one on one meetings. I had the opportunity to meet a number of potential clients and book a bunch of weddings this month. I attended the first meeting of the Oyster Point City/Center Business Association which is a no-cost forum for local businesses to network, share ideas, and generate business for one another.
I purchased some new gear this month. I picked up the Canon 7D just before Canon's $200 instant rebate ended. I picked up a few other odds and ends including a 28x28 Wescott Apollo umbrella-style softbox for a speedlite (which produces great light). I also sent my favorite lens (my Canon 100-400m IS L) off to Canon to have the locking ring replaced. Canon fixed the issue and had my lens back to me in a week!
March wasn't all work, I did shoot. Although I held off on a few things until my new gear arrived and I had an opportunity to familiarize my self with everything. I had a family session and worked with a local model looking to build his portfolio. The month rounded out by photographing a performance of The Wizard of Oz at the Ferguson Center for the Arts.
April has shaped up to be a full month of shooting including a Civil War Re-enactment, commercial work, and portrait sessions. I definitely see two posts for April, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment