Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Looking Back On 2014

We are just hours away from the end of the month and the end of the year, so I will take just a few moments to recap both.

During December I finished up all of my work from the last post as well and two weddings from earlier so I could get everything out before Christmas. 

The second week of December I shot Tony and Stacie's wedding here in Newport News. I had a great time working with them and they were naturals in front of the camera!

I often attend the wedding rehearsal which gives me an idea of the lighting and how everything will unfold for the ceremony. I arrived at the rehearsal a little early and I was treated to an amazing sunset on the James River. I knew that if the weather forecast remained true, we'd be in for another one tomorrow. 

Everything worked out with the weather the next day and, at the last moment, I switched the order we were going to do the group and family photos. After the ceremony, the glow from the sunset was coming through the church's windows. I told everyone in the church hang tight for a couple of minutes and I took the couple out to the edge of the river for the sunset. You couldn't ask for better colors in December!


Later in December I had the chance to shoot a few friends who play original music. A local band, Kepone Cowboys, played at Shaka's Live in Virginia Beach, VA. They are described as "If the Dead Kennedys had babies with Dwight Yoakam;" so you know it was going to be a good time! Here are a few shots from the show...


Here's a recap of 2014, with about 800 photos, in just 120 seconds (click "HD" when the player starts for best viewing)... LOOKING BACK ON 2014

I had such a fun year shooting and I met a ton of great people along the way. Thank-you to everyone for an unforgettable year! I'll see you in 2015.

Canvas Prints by Royal Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment