Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Out of Hibernation

2015 started out like previous years, update the website and and a bunch of administrative stuff, which you really don't want to read about so I'll skip that. So what's been going on? Well I kicked off January with an engagement session with Lauren and Hai, whose wedding I shot two weeks ago. The session was at Maymont in Richmond, VA and it is a great place, even in the middle of winter.



As anyone in the mid-Atlantic knows, February brought freezing temperatures and we had a couple rounds of snow. During that time I had the chance to meet with a bunch of couples to work on plans for their upcoming weddings and I spent some time out in the snow with my pup, who absolutely loves that white stuff.




The Jersey Boys performance was in town and I was called upon to photograph the opening night's after party at the Ferguson Center for the Arts.





A week later...snow again, so it was back to the dog park for the pup romp at the park.




Going through February and into March I had more meetings with couples and worked on a personal video project. Toward the middle of March I photographed a pre-show event and meet and greet with General Colin Powell.


Then it was time to get out of hibernation and get back into the swing of things. A few days later, I was back in Richmond to photograph an engagement session for Kevin and Jackie.



The next Saturday I was in Richmond, VA again to photograph Lauren and Hai's wedding at The Renaissance. It felt as though Spring was finally here and it was a beautiful day for a wedding!




The following week I had back to back weddings. Melissa and Patrick were in town from New York for a beach wedding in Newport News, VA. It was chilly and rainy all day but the rain stopped just long enough for their intimate ceremony on the beach. Just after the ceremony it started to rain again. They were great to work with and such troopers for wanting to brave the weather for our shoot at a few spots around town. They even had umbrellas ready for the weather!


 

The very next day it was off to the Hermitage Museum and Gardens to photograph Jarrod and Reece's wedding. The rain moved out but it was cold and windy near the water in Norfolk, VA. It was so chilly that my fingers started going numb while photographing the ceremony. They were fun and great to work with because they did what we had to, to make it all happen.



That concludes the last few months. Things are in full swing and there will be posts every month from here on out, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment